Parks & Recreation
- Served more than 600 youth and adults in organized baseball leagues.
- Restored and maintained 6 ballfields. (For the record, there are more games played on the Whispering Pines Park fields than on the Mets major league park in Flushing, NY.)
- Installed a state of the art sand filter system, improving water quality while using less chemicals.
- Resurfaced the Toddler and Junior Olympic Pools.
- Renovated the interior buildings of the pool complex, including paint, new amenities, lighting, plumbing and tile.
- Increased the number of pool shade structures.
- Installed new drain covers in pools to comply with the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Act.
- Introduced "Puddle in the Pines", a water playground with spray features, shade structures, picnic tables and benches.
- Added a children's nature trail near the playground.
- Renovated five Racquetball Courts repairing and court surface as well as the facility walls.
- Partnered with the Boys and Girls Club of Citrus County and the YMCA of the Suncoast by providing facilities to serve area youth.